- 1 can Jacky F. Organic Jackfruit
- 200ml BBQ sauce
- 20ml neutral oil, such as sunflower or rapeseed oil
- Salt as desired
- Approx. 5–10 drops of smoke flavour sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco or similar)
- Some jalapeños and herbs to garnish
- 200–250g French fries
Drain the jackfruit (squeeze it as much as you can) and rinse with water.
Add 150ml BBQ sauce with oil, salt, smoke flavour sauce and Tabasco (optional). Mix well. Save the rest of the BBQ sauce for later.
Squeeze the already squeezed jackfruit in the sauce and stir again.
Bake the mixture in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 40 minutes. Stir well in the middle of the baking time (after 20 minutes).
Bake the fries in the oven or fry them in oil (as you desire).
Pour the ready mixture over the fries, drizzle with the remaining BBQ sauce. Top with chopped jalapeños and herbs. Serve with our maya, jalapeños, herbs and the French fries.