We would like to introduce to you Jacky F. organic jackfruit, also known as breadfruit. Its young fruits have a fine flavour and a texture reminding of juicy chicken.
Breadfruit has been a staple food in the Asian cuisine for centuries and is now used to substitute for all kinds of braised slices, “meatballs”, Asian curry or pulled “meat”.
Close cooperation with farmers
Jackfruit trees are grown at organic farms in Sri Lanka. Young fruits are processed right after the harvest. Maintaining a sustainable supply chain including direct trade and support of small farmers is of the utmost importance for the Jacky F. brand. That is why founder J. Huthmann and her business partners engage in harvesting and canning. Subsequently, the products are dispatched directly from Colombo via Hamburg to customers in the Czech Republic.
Jackfruit Jacky F. does not contain
Simply exceptional jackfruit by Jacky F.
- Juicy taste, fine texture; easy to prepare.
- Product of ecological farming. By every purchase, consumers will not only support small farmers in Sri Lanka, but also a sustainable supply chain including direct trade.
- One of the most delicious, 100% plant-based meat substitutes.
- Free of soy and gluten.
- Rich source of fibre (6g/100g).
- Low energy value (22 kcal/100g).
- Low fat content (0.3g/100g).
- Free of sugar, but very juicy thanks to young fruits.
- Convenient packaging and long shelf-life.
|Product name||Young jackfruit in brine|
|Ingredients||Organic jackfruit, water, sea salt, organic lime juice|
|Gross weight||400g per can|
|Country of origin||Sri Lanka|
|Best before||16 months|
Nutrition information per 100g of product
|Energy value||91kJ / 22kcal|
|of which saturated fatty acids||0.3g|
|of which is sugar||0g|